For First-Time 30-Day Substitute Credential Applicants
41-4 Application “Application for Credential Authorizing Public School Service” – You must send the signed original. Copies cannot be accepted. Please contact the Personnel office if you would like to sign your application via DocuSign.
Form 41-LS Live Scan Receipt (click here to view a list of agencies offering livescan services)
- If you have not completed fingerprints for the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC): Please be aware that you will also have to complete the Live Scan form for employment through the Inyo County Office of Education Clearing house (click here to be directed to the ICOE Live Scan form). They are two different forms, with different “ORI” numbers since the results will go to each agency. If you go to an agency other than the Inyo County Office of Education to complete your fingerprints, please make sure to take both forms with you to your fingerprint appointment to avoid having to go back or paying an additional rolling fee (which will be your responsibility).
- If you already hold a valid a certificate of clearance: submit a copy from the CTC website, in lieu of Form 41-LS. This means you already have fingerprint clearance on file with the CTC and don’t need to do it again. You will only be required to complete fingerprints for employment (click here to be directed to the ICOE Live Scan form).
If you are unsure or have any questions, please contact Maria Valencia at (760) 878-2426 ext. 3352
- Official Transcripts verifying a BA or higher (e-transcripts are acceptable but must be sent directly to email@example.com) (MAIL OFFICIAL OR EMAIL E-TRANSCRIPTS)
- Verification of meeting the “Basic Skills Requirement” (If you are not submitting CBEST scores to satisfy the Basic Skills Requirement– you must mail an official copy)
* Passage of SB 1397 has temporarily waived the Basic Skills Requirement from January 1, 2023, to July 1, 2024. Basic skills proficiency will once again be required for the initial issuance of the Emergency 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permit after July 1, 2024.
*Current Fees – $100 (plus $2.50 processing fee) Do not submit payment if applying through the Inyo County Office of Education. Note: You must supply an email address on the application to receive an email from the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) with instructions to pay your fees online using a Visa or MasterCard debit or credit card.
Please only mail required original documents to:
Attn: Personnel Department
P.O. Drawer G
Independence, CA 93526
***FOR QUICKER PROCESSING – SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS TO THE PERSONNEL OFFICE***
Processing times for paper applications mailed directly to the Commission on Teacher Credentialing will take a minimum of 50 business days to process.
Additional Forms & Information:
30-Day Emergency Substitute Permit Instructions
CTC Professional Fitness Explanation Form