Prevention, Intervention, Outreach
Inyo County Superintendent of Schools office offers outreach, prevention, and intervention services to all students in Inyo County schools. The main goals of our Outreach, Prevention, and Intervention programs are to educate our youth regarding the pitfalls and hazards they often run into as they grow older, to familiarize them with their own vulnerabilities, and to support their efforts to resolve particularly difficult personal troubles.
the act or practice of stopping something bad from happening. The act of preventing something.
in·ter·ven·tion / in(t)ərˈven(t)SH(ə)n/
to become involved in something in order to have an influence on what happens.
to reach out
Some of the programs in the department include:
- Youth Educator Program (YEP)
- Middle School Sex Education
- CDCR Owens Valley Conservation Camp Inmate Panels
- Tobacco Use Prevention Education (TUPE)
- GED Program at Inyo County Jail & CDCR Conservation Camp
- Senior Government Trips
- ASPIRE (Assisting Student Parents in Reaching Excellence)
Contact: Karen Kong
Program Coordinator-Prevention, Intervention, and Adult Education
Inyo County Superintendent of Schools
166 Grandview Drive
Bishop, CA 93514
760-873-3262 x 2112